...I've been asking myself repeatedly like a moody college student. My natural inclination is to overthink the big picture which has been leaving me immobilized, navel-gazing on my bed. It's time to harness all the energy I put into questioning and be productive. So here's my actionable list out in public so at least there's an illusion of accountability.
Goals for End of July & August
- Draw/write about food here at least once a week
- Draw/write about something not food-related here at least once a week
- Swim 30 laps thrice/week; AcroYoga once/week; Plus any of these once or twice/week: hike, bike to work, run.
- Draw everyday (even if it's small); also, allot a 4 hour slot in my weekly sched to draw
- Cook something new bi-weekly.
- Reorganize room/closet (aka get rid of things), get more plants
- Plan a solo trip for the fall
At some point...
- Take a year or two off from working to live overseas, do art and commit to a long-term project
- While abroad: Connect with my badass grandma (last living grandparent), go trekking all over the country, learn to cook local food, become fluent in the language, get a job there and make tons of artwork
- Visit nearby countries (Japan for sure!)
Perhaps none of this planning really answers the "who I want to be" question, though, I figure doing what I enjoy will hopefully lead me somewhere worthwhile.
"Whatever you think and say will be true. If you say it's hard, it will be, so, say it's easy and you'll believe it's true. Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot do it - especially you. You can do anything." - new mentor at work giving me a much-needed peptalk about my dreams.